Toxic Ingestion

Toxic Ingestion Treatment at Friendly Animal Hospital

Pets can accidentally ingest harmful and toxic substances, including dangerous foods, medications, plants, and household products. These can cause significant health issues and even be fatal in some instances. Finding an emergency vet near you that can treat toxic ingestion is vital for preventing life-threatening complications in your pet. Friendly Animal Hospital in Huntington Beach, CA, provides emergency pet care to ensure your pet remains healthy and happy. Our team is here to explain common toxins and symptoms to watch out for in your pet.

Toxic Injection

Common Toxins for Pets

Toxic substances can cause significant damage to your pet’s organs and tissues, putting it at risk of severe illness or death. Toxins come in several forms, but some of the most common toxins include chocolate, grapes, and other human foods. Some essential oils, cleaning products, and household plants are toxic to pets. Examples of poisonous plants and flowers include tulips and lilies. Human medication can also be deadly to pets.

Symptoms of Toxic Ingestion

How do you know if your pet ingested something toxic? Pets typically vomit or have diarrhea after eating something poisonous. Your pet may also have a rapid heart rate or lose its appetite. Other symptoms of toxic ingestion include trouble breathing and lethargy. Some toxins can cause neurological symptoms in pets, such as seizures or coordination issues. Call your emergency vet near you as soon as possible if you notice any of these symptoms in your pet.

What You Should Do About Toxic Ingestion

Bring your pet in for emergency care immediately if you suspect it swallowed a poisonous or toxic substance. We will typically induce vomiting to get the toxin out of your pet’s system. Our vet needs to treat your pet as soon as possible before the substance can cause significant damage to its organs.

Emergency Pet Care for Toxic Ingestion

Inducing vomiting is the primary form of treatment for toxic ingestion in pets. We may also provide supportive care and monitor your pet to ensure your pet is safe. Other treatments may be necessary, depending on your pet’s symptoms. For example, your pet may require medication for seizures. Our veterinary team can quickly treat your pet’s toxic ingestion and prevent significant health complications.

Get Toxic Ingestion Treatment at Your Emergency Vet Near You Emergency in Huntington Beach, CA

Getting emergency pet care if your pet swallowed something toxic is vital for preventing significant health issues or even death, so contact Friendly Animal Hospital in Huntington Beach, CA, immediately if you notice it ingested something poisonous. Our emergency veterinary team can promptly treat your pet to keep it healthy and happy, so call us at (714) 845-5722 to protect your pet’s well-being.

Contact Us

We look forward to hearing from you

Location

Find us on the map